Markets & food shops
As a rule of thumb, everything is closed between 1PM and 5PM.
In Torre delle Stelle
- Itinerant grocery market, next to the playground every morning except Monday during the summer. Three mornings per week during the rest of the year.
- Altogether a supermarket, restaurant, pizzeria, fish shop, newspaper agent and light clothing shop can be found at “Palmira”.
Prices are reasonable and many local specialties are on sale. Custom catering. Open 7 days of the week from Easter till October.
- Another smaller supermarket can be found at the « Sagittario » during the summer.
Outside Torre delle Stelle
- Daily market in Maracalagonis
- Santa Chiara's market, Monday-Friday 7AM-2PM
- San Benedetto's market, Monday-Saturday 7AM-2PM
- Farmers' market, “Coldiretti” (an abbreviation of direct from producers), Thursday morning (go early, max 9AM). Local produce. In the parking place in front of “Basilica Bonaria” Cagliari, next to hotel Mediterraneo.
- Farmers' market, “Coldiretti” , Saturday morning (go early, max 9AM). Local produce. In the parking place at Pitz'e Serra, Quartu Sant'Elena.
- Organic supermarket S'Atra Sardigna Soc.Coop.Agricola, closed from 1PM till 5PM, Saturday morning only, closed on Sunday
- Supermarket in via Giovanni Pascoli - I Borghi , 09049 Villasimius
- Le vele mall
- At the junction between sp97 and sp120, Olia Speciosa, Castiadas, supermarket with vast assortment of meats and bottles
- Novin Mohammad Hossain, Via Leonardo da Vinci, 269 Quartu Sant'Elena, seasoned olives, unpackaged young Sorso's wine...
- Nanda's place, local seasonal produce from the Santa Barbara valley
Pescheria Bissiri Antonello, via Santa Margherita 1, Cagliari, Tuesday till Saturday, morning only
- Stefino gelateria artiganale, via Giovanni Maria Dettori, 09124 Cagliari, unfairly criticised by many locals
- Il gelato Aresu, corso Vitttorio Emanuele, 244, 09123 Cagliari
Caseificio Cocco Stefano, Via G. Puccini, 21, Sinnai, Tuesday and Friday fresh cheese, ricotta and mozzarella
Extra virgin olive oil
The best way to discover the tastes of Sardinian oil would be to get accompanied to a mill during the harvest season and taste a wide spectrum of oils.
Besides this approach there are several quality olive oil suppliers.
San Tomas is a young olive trees field where taste is the owner's main concern.
Year round olive oils and patés are available, well conserved in a cold room. Prices are high but taste is guaranteed.
Wines, Beers, spirits
It might be overkill to plan a trip just for salumificiolilliu.it, but if you want to taste some of the best salumi call them to arrange an appointment.
Just a stones throw away you'll find cantine Lilliu, wine makers. Their unpackaged wine is extremely good, and the bottles, albeit expensive, have particular tastes.